Even though most of us wish for perfect, even skin, we often suffer from skin pigmentation. Known as hyperpigmentation, this problem changes the colour of your skin. As a result, patches of skin on your face, sometimes all over your body, can darken and lose its luster. Even though this skin trouble is not life-threatening, it is rather unsightly. The good news is, there are several home remedies to tackle different skin pigmentation. Before we know about the remedies, let’s take a look at the types of pigmentation that can appear on your skin.
Types of Skin Pigmentation
1. Pigmentation Due to Acne: Acne is one of the most common causes of pigmentation. If untreated, acne can leave dark spots, scarring, and pockmarks on your skin.
2. Age Spots: Also known as liver spots, these dark patches appear on the area of your body which endures constant sun exposure. Even though these spots are common among older people, younger men and women can get them too.
3. Melasma: This is one of the most common skin pigmentation which generates large brownish patches on your skin. Overexposure to the sun or hormonal changes can cause such pigmentation.
Lifestyle Changes For Even Complexion
1. Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can do magic for your skin and your body.
2. Use Moisturizer and Sunscreen: Don’t forget to moisturize your skin regularly. Also, never step out in the sun without applying sunscreen lotion. It is better to choose dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic, no harm sunscreen and moisturizer for yourself.
3. Avoid Certain Food: Try to avoid food items that trigger uneven, flushed skin complexion. Also, avoid sugar and processed food items as much as possible.
Natural Remedies to Get Even Skin Tone
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: The acetic acid of apple cider vinegar helps to lighten pigmentation.
2. Aloe Vera: Aolin, a natural de-pigmenting compound of aloe vera, reduces the pigmentation in an effective yet non-toxic way.
3. Rose Hip Oil: The antioxidants of rosehip oil reduce discolouration and boosts collagen production to reduce the appearance of scarring.
1. Take Zinc Supplements: Studies have shown that regular intake of zinc supplements can reduce acne and improve cell growth.
2. Fish Oil Supplement: The omega 3 fatty acids you get from fish oil helps your skin to maintain skin hydration, and fights acne and other skin inflammations.
3. Microdermabrasion: This home treatment can fight skin discolouration, light scarring and sun damage. It removes the thicker outer layer of your skin leaving younger-looking skin.
Skin pigmentation is a cosmetic concern that you can easily deal with the help of the natural ingredients and a bit of change in your lifestyle. While practicing the above natural methods of removing the pigmentations, you should use heavy metals free, no harm skincare range, like Lashika. The no harm products not only give your skin the much-needed protection but also hasten the recovery process of your skin. Don’t see any changes even after following the above tips for months? Pay a visit to your clinician.