From the mountainous roads of Guwahati, Assam to the plain thoroughfares of Howrah, West Bengal, citizens enthusiastically took part in a cycle rally to celebrate women’s day. Lashika, in association with Tillinga Sports Club, arranged a cycle rally on 8th March 2020. More than 200 people participated in this energetic event in the cities of Guwahati and Howrah to celebrate the empowering journey of the brave women across our country and the world.
Eminent Personalities Graced The Event…
- In Assam, Dr Vasubhi Acharya Vohra and Rupam Borsaikia, the Head of Tilinga Group, actively participated in the event and praised the women of today for their bravery and tenacity.
- The principal of Vebilan Montessori school, Seema Sinha and eminent veterinary doctor Dr Mohan Bhattachariya also took part in the event.
- In Howrah, the sports Minister of West Bengal Laxmi Ratan Shukla attended the event and led the fellow riders from the front.
Activities in Which Participants Took Part
- The participants practised Zumba with the thriving tune of exciting songs.
They actively participated in quiz contest and rode cycles celebrating the success of women.
- After the cycle rally, harmful chemical free Lashika Skincare products were gifted to 35 women participants.
The Reactions of the Participants
- Palpable excitement was easy to detect among the participants throughout the event.
- Donning the t-shirt offered by the organizers, the happy contestants were too eager to hop on the cycles and ride away.
- Women participants were gleaming with joy at the success of the event, and their men counterparts were too happy to support their journey in true sense.
The EndNote of the Celebration
- The cycle rally worked as a symbol of the decreasing gender gap and women empowerment and boosted the country’s progress towards gender equality.
It helped the women participants of all age to realize their potential to fight the hardship as well.
- After the tiring ride, participants enjoyed refreshments as the event ended in an enthusiastic happy note.
This cycle rally helped the women participants, from all walks of life, asserting their independence and breaking the gender stereotypes. Lashika is proud to be able to organize one such exceptional event celebrating the liberation, freedom and empowerment of the women of today and tomorrow and promises to offer their unrelenting support to women in the forthcoming days as well.