Holi is just around the corner to mark the end of winter and the onset of spring. While gearing up for the carefree and colourful fun festival, you should not ignore your skin. More often than not, one can easily find harmful synthetic elements in the colours, which damages the skin to no end. It is essential to keep the following post-Holi skincare tips in mind to protect your skin.
Removing the Colors
1. Before bathing, use cold or lukewarm water to wash the excess colour off your skin.
2. Wipe your face with a cotton ball dipped in castor oil or coconut oil to remove the first layer of colours.
3. Use harmful chemical-free gentle foaming face wash like Lashika Arabica Coffee Facewash.
Scrub It Right
1. While taking shower, scrub your skin with a gentle skin scrub to remove the dead skin cells and remaining colours.
2. Choose nourishing almond and walnut scrub which cleanse your skin deeply and improves blood circulation.
3. Heavy metal-free no harm almond scrubs are perfect to repair your skin post-Holi.
Use a Gentle Toner to Soothe Your Skin
1. After bathing, use a natural rose toner to remove the minuscule specks of colours and to soothe your skin.
2. The anti-inflammatory properties of rose water will reduce the irritation and stop the imminent breakouts.
3. The toner will hydrate your skin and will help to reestablish the skin pH balance.
Use a Good Skin Serum
1. A good skin serum creates a protective barrier on your skin and fights the harmful effects of the chemical-laden colours.
2. Use a no harm skin serum after using the toner to repair and rejuvenate your skin from within.
3. It reduces the roughness of the skin caused by the colours and enhances its moisture retention power.
Moisturize Your Skin
1. Using a deeply nourishing moisturizer that suits your skin is the next essential step.
2. Choose a gentle moisturizer, like Lashika Saffron & Vit E moisturizer, that does not contain any harmful chemicals.
3. The moisturizer will heal the irritation caused by synthetic colours and exposure to the sun.
Effective Tips to Follow During the Next Few Days of Holi
Apply Sunscreen Lotion before Stepping Out
1. After the exposure to all those chemicals, the chance of getting sunburn enhances.
2. Apply a good quality sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from suffering further damage.
3. Make sure to apply the lotion 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun and keep reapplying it in every 2-3 hours.
Use a Soothing Face Mask
1. After a long day, soothe your skin from any irritation caused by the exposure to the harmful chemicals.
2. The face mask will help you keep the inflammation and dry patches in check.
3. It will hydrate your skin from within and prevent hyperpigmentation.
Don’t Forget Ice Treatment
1. Every day post-Holi, rub ice cubes on your skin.
2. The cold of the ice cubes will make your skin smoother and shrink your open pores.
3. It will also soothe the sunburns and help your skin to lock in the moisture.
Avoid Using Make-Up
1. For the next few days after Holi, say no to your daily makeup kit.
2. It will help you to keep your already irritated skin free from the attacks of the chemicals of the products.
3. If you can’t resist putting on the makeup, then try to use light make-up only.
This Holi, don’t let the worry about your skin dampen your spirits. With these useful post-Holi skincare tips by your side, you are all set to take care of your colour drenched skin. Make plans with your loved ones, and celebrate the festival of colours without fretting.